The seismic performance of nonstructural elements has become a key component of the resilience capacity of modern society. Even if a building does not suffer considerable structural damage during a seismic event, its nonstructural elements can compromise the building’s habitability and functionality. Recent earthquakes have demonstrated the susceptibility of suspended nonstructural elements (e.g., piping, cable trays, etc.) to suffer substantial damage, generating significant economic losses ...
The magnetar SGR J1935+2154 underwent a new active episode on 2020 April 27-28, when a forest of hundreds of X-ray bursts and a large enhancement of the persistent flux were detected. For the first time, a radio burst with properties similar to those of fast radio bursts and with a X-ray counterpart was observed from this source, showing that magnetars can power at least a group of fast radio bursts. In this paper, we report on the X-ray spectral and timing properties of SGR J1935+2154 based ...
There is an urgent need for cheaper, faster and mechanism-based approaches in toxicology. Despite major advances in the fields of biotechnology, molecular biology and information technology, the fundamental premises of toxicology have not changed over the last several decades. Today, companies and agencies still largely use animal studies to assess toxicological risk, although they are costly (more than 4 billion € worldwide) and too slow to provide answers to the complex toxicological questi...
To date, landfilling remains the most common waste management practice in Greece in spite of enforced regulations aiming at increasing recycling, pre-selection of waste and energy and material recovery. In this study, selected alternative scenarios aiming at minimizing the unused material fraction to be disposed of in landfills are analyzed, using the life cycle assessment methodology. The methodology was applied in the case of municipal solid waste (MSW) management in Athens and Thessaloniki...
Toxic metal exposure as a possible risk factor for COVID-19 and other respiratory infectious diseases
Multiple medical, lifestyle, and environmental conditions, including smoking and particulate pollution, have been considered as risk factors for COronaVIrus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) susceptibility and severity. Taking into account the high level of toxic metals in both particulate matter (PM2.5) and tobacco smoke, the objective of this review is to discuss recent data on the role of heavy metal exposure in development of respiratory dysfunction, immunotoxicity, and severity of viral diseases i...
- 1 Contributo su Rivista2102
- 4 Contributo in Atti di Convegno ...777
- 2 Contributo in Volume283
- 3 Libro81
- 5 Altro53
- 7 Curatele33
- 6 Brevetti3
- ASTRONOMY & ASTROPHYSICS74
- MONTHLY NOTICES OF THE ROYAL ASTR...66
- EARTHQUAKE SPECTRA53
- JOURNAL OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING52
- BULLETIN OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING49
- EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING & STRUCTUR...37
- ENGINEERING STRUCTURES35
- THE ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL34
- PROGETTAZIONE SISMICA32
- CEUR WORKSHOP PROCEEDINGS4
- ASTROPHYSICS AND SPACE SCIENCE LI...2
- AIP CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS1
- ASTROPHYSICS AND SPACE SCIENCE PR...1
- FONDAZIONE CENTRO STUDI FILOSOFIC...1
- KEY ENGINEERING MATERIALS1
- LECTURE NOTES IN CIVIL ENGINEERING1
- NEW ECONOMIC WINDOWS1
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ...1
Data di pubblicazione
- In corso di stampa18
- 2020 - 2022454
- 2010 - 20191703
- 2000 - 2009779
- 1990 - 1999307
- 1980 - 198969
- 1979 - 19791
Prodotti più visti
- Monitoring Green Infrastructure for Natural Water Retention Using Copernicus Global Land Products
- Competenza e performance: una distinzione cognitivamente obsoleta
- A model code for the displacement based seismic design of structures : DBD09 draft subject to public enquiry
- Current challenges and future trends in analytical fragility and vulnerability models
- La mente estesa. Dove finisce la mente e comincia il resto del mondo?
- Test di Comprensione delle Opposizioni morfo-sintattiche VERbali attraverso la ScritturA (COnVERSA)
- Homo ferox: il contributo delle neuroscienze alla comprensione dei comportamenti aggressivi e criminali
- "Tracking of the speech envelope by neural activity during speech production is not limited to Broca's area in the dominant frontal lobe"
- “Prospettive multiple”, comportamento prosociale e altruismo: oltre la civiltà dell’empatia
- The CHeRiSH project: towards a multilevel, multi-hazard risk assessment framework for cultural heritage assets in the Philippines
Prodotti più scaricati
- Time-course and neurophysiological underpinnings of metaphor in literary context
- N400 and P600 modulation in presupposition accommodation: The effect of different trigger types
- Brain Changes within the Visuo-Spatial Attentional Network in Posterior Cortical Atrophy
- A seismic risk classification framework for non-structural elements
- Interpreting physical and mental metaphors: Is Theory of Mind associated with pragmatics in middle childhood?
- The language profile of progressive supranuclear palsy
- A methodology for ﬂood susceptibility and vulnerability analysis in complex ﬂood scenarios
- The affectively extended self: a pragmatist approach
- Standardization and normative data for a new test of visual long-term recognition memory
- Remnant-persons. A Commonsense Defence of Animalism